Monday 14 October 2024

September Wool Stats and Finished Projects

 I said to the OH the other day; it's not that I buy too much yarn, it's just that I don't knit quickly enough. I'm not sure he was convinced about that one. 

Anyway I was dreading totting up the stats for September because I did buy all that Aran wool plus  various other bits this month and that all came to a grand total of 1488g in. However it wasn't a total disaster as wool out came to 1342g, thanks mainly to a 'gifting opportunity' courtesy of my son. He worked for 6 months at a charity in Glasgow and still volunteers there two days a week, and it's just started running a year long fundraising campaign featuring knitting.  There are various ways to join in, one of which is donating wool. So a bag with 872 g will be on its way to Glasgow with us later in the week, and another 150g left the house as part of a swap. Total wool out was 1342g, which meant a net increase of 146g which was sad but not nearly as bad as it could have been. 

What with being away and then spending lots of time here clearing/cleaning the house I didn't have an awful lot of crafting time in September to be honest so I'm quite pleased, looking back, to see how much I did actually achieve. 

Starting with the non-knitting stuff, I made two cards 


they were brighter than that in real life and also not out of focus!

ThenI took a deep breath and crocheted the crib from my crochet nativity set


far from perfect but I'm happy with it. I don't claim to be a crocheter.

Then guess what? two pairs of socks. One for the OH


using some wool I bought in a destash on Ravelry. No, I don't know why I did it, except that it looked like this in the skein 


and I thought he would like the colours. Which, to be fair, he did. 

And a pair for me 


this wool was from ages ago. I'd started making a different pattern with it, but it was too complicated so it sat in time out for a while and when I could face ripping out what I had done I cast on these instead. It was unfortunate that I had forgotten that I had used this pattern once before and hated it. The finished object is fine, although not shown to its best advantage when not on a foot to be honest! but the pattern is very confusing to follow and I won't be using it again. 

I picked up the third of the four unfinished baby sweaters, the peach one, and completed it


and of course this meant that Poppy the Penguin got yet another blanket made from the left overs. 


She must be the warmest penguin in the world by now. 

And finally I picked out the kit for the Forth Bridges Hat, which I bought the last time I went to the Glasgow School of Yarn, and knitted it up. Like the Glasgow one from the same company, Wee County Yarns, this was a joy to knit . I have come to the conclusion that I must rather enjoy stranded colour work and I was very happy with the way this turned out. 


October is also shaping up to be a less than productive month, but maybe I'll be able to accelerate a bit once we're back from our next trip south.  



2 comments:

  1. All beautiful items (especially well done on the nativity), but that hat is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat.

    ReplyDelete