Tuesday 14 November 2023

At last

 some knitting I can post about since it's for me. 

A friend in America recently sent me some some super chunky wool and rather than let it languish in my stash I knitted it up immediately making myself a two colour cowl for our forthcoming trip to Stockholm. 


It will fold in half to keep my neck warm, and then as the day wears on I can unfold it to cover the bottom half of my face - I've experienced the seeping cold of a Stockholm December before! 

A couple of weeks back I was celebrating using up almost all  my February wool purchases, except for one lot of the wool I bought in Madeira, as I didn't know whether to use it for socks or mitts. 


The answer was mitts, and I am stupidly pleased with them. They're a slightly modified version of the Medley Mitts from Helen Stewart's Advent Collection from last year. My second pair and probably not my last.

I have hit a 'bijou snagette' with the OH's Finnish jumper as in the neckline per the pattern is too low and too wide for his liking, so it's currently resting in a project bag by the side of the sofa while I work up the enthusiasm to take a lot of the yoke out and then do some maths. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colours! That will keep you warm xxx

    ReplyDelete