Wednesday 27 September 2023

Our Home Away from Home

 


Our rented cottage was near a large village in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park called Kirkby Moorside. It hadn't been possible to get anywhere that was dead centre of all the places we were intending to visit as there really wasn't one, and as all the lovely places I found in my favourite North Yorkshire village, Middleham were vetoed by the OH on the grounds that he would have to park the car - shock! horror! - on the street , we opted for this one. 

Small but perfectly formed I think is the phrase. Actually although it looks quite tiny it was plenty big enough. There was a large open plan living space, two bedrooms one with a king size bed and a large bathroom. The heating worked, there was constant hot water (such a change from home) and we were very cosy and comfortable. 


The OH doing something useful in the kitchen.

Spot the bag I made in sewing class, as previously featured on the blog. 

And behind the car was this beautiful rose tree


which I had to take a photo of, as it reminded me so much of the roses in Waterhouse's painting, The Soul of the Rose. 


1 comment: