Tuesday 5 September 2023

Catch Up - A Good Day Out No 1.

The past couple of posts have been such downers that it seems more than time that I recorded some very successful days out from earlier in the year. Because when I came back from Paris - (remember that?) I spent a few days in Glasgow and then caught the train up to Inverness where I was met by the  OH and we had an overnight stay there and 'did' a couple of things before returning to  Orkney. And it was all lovely, bar the train to Inverness being well late.

The reason I stayed in Glasgow was so that I could go over to Edinburgh, meet my friends V and D and  celebrate V's 70th birthday, slightly early but not by much. We did this in style, by visiting the Kaffe Fassett exhibition and then having afternoon tea at The Scotsman. The exhibition was amazing; such a riot and celebration of  colour.

Some photos


                            Loved this dress


Amazing to think this is all done with small pieces of quilted and appliqued fabric


Possibly my favourite, although it was hard to choose and the photo does this little justice




I would totally wear this given half a chance


Many of KF's cushion designs from over the years


V's birthday present - as a self confessed pedant she was delighted with her mug which declares 'I am metaphorically dying for a cup of tea'


And the tea at The Scotsman. Not quite Gleneagles standards but it was very very nice. 



2 comments:

  1. I adore Kaffe Fassett's use of colour! Also, your friend V is clearly A Good Egg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she is, also this was the occasion that she mentioned to me the St Mary's Chronicles by Jodi Taylor. It was a while before I had the opportunity to give the first one a go, but am now totally hooked. I would recommend them to you if I didn't feel certain you have already been reading them for years.

      Delete