Monday 28 November 2022

Fingernails and Finished Things

 





Not sure if I have mentioned we are off shortly for a few days in Vienna. All my favourite things; opera, art, coffee and cake plus the seasonal joy of the Christmas Markets. Looking forward to it very much. Naturally I needed my nails redoing in preparation, and I opted for icy sparkles, with just two snowflakes to reflect winter. I had hoped that the city would be all sparkly and snowy, but the internet tells me that Vienna hardly ever has snow, it just gets very wet and very cold. I won't let that put me off the place, but we'll be packing thermals I expect. 

The new cast-on I allowed myself has now become a finished article after I worked on it monogamously for several days. I had my doubts as I was knitting it but I am very happy with the finished article and I shall be sporting it at the Vienna Staatsoper on at least one evening in the near future. Sadly the photograph doesn't do due justice to its sparkliness, you'll have to take my word on that. 



Finally a recently completed jigsaw puzzle. During lockdown I had a good sort out of my puzzles and managed to get them all stored away out of sight, but since then numbers have crept up again and I have a pile of puzzles on top of a bookcase in the hall once more. I need another cull, and this was the first one selected. I had a whole bunch of these map type puzzles showing different areas of the world and I have done them often and enjoyed them but it's time for the remaining few to be done one last time and then go. I'll donate them to the library so that if I ever have a real yearning to do one of them again I can borrow it for the purpose! 


I won't be blogging while I'm away but the upside is I should have some lovely photos and experiences to relate when I get back! 

1 comment: