Tuesday 19 October 2021

Twelve in Ten

 Yes, my self-inflicted challenge to knit Son No 1 a pair of socks per month for 2021 is successfully completed. It's a while since I documented any of the completed pairs so here's a catch up. 

August - Laurier


September - Meighen

October - King


November - Bennett


December - St Laurent

 


The October and November ones will go in the post tomorrow. December's will be delivered in person. They are a bit sparkly perhaps for Son no 1, but I decided I would make a pair each for all the adults in the family who will be having Christmas in Toronto and we could all wear them on Christmas day. 

(No you don't need to rewind, I did indeed say I thought it would be a good idea to make five pairs of socks for Christmas. and no I don't know why I do these things to myself and yes perhaps a new years resolution on the lines of 'stop doing that' would be a good idea. Meanwhile three of the five pairs are done, so only two more to do. )

For anyone still wondering about the naming sequence, it's the first twelve Prime Ministers of Canada. If they should get a new PM in 2022 I could bring things right up to date with another set of twelve names and pairs of socks , but I think I can safely say that I won't! 

1 comment: