Sunday 31 October 2021

Baking Subscription October

 


Toffee Apple Drip Cake. 

What can I say?  It looks delicious., but it's enormous and full of calories and not a great thing to have hanging about in a household of only two, both of whom are overweight and have a sweet tooth. I have appealed on Facebook for local friends to come and help eat it.  

The sponge was very soft and two of the layers broke coming out of the tins. This was not just me, it seemed a common problem in the FB related group. The finishing I didn't find so fiddly as I have in the past; perhaps I'm just getting more used to it? Buttercream, toffee sauce and then the caramel curls sprinkled on the top.

I think the time may be approaching for me to cancel my subscription. I have some lovely recipes that I will do again, and some not so much to out taste that  I won't , but they're getting  a bit repetitive and it may be time to call a halt. It's not as though I am short of  other baking books. The good thing about this was that it meant that I did bake at least once a month and without the stimulus that is the box arriving I may not.  Something to ponder. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! If I lived locally, I would have been round to share it, which would have done me no good at all…..

    ReplyDelete