Thursday 22 October 2020

Baking Subscription October

 


Blueberry and Lemon Biscotti. I've never made biscotti before, largely because I had no idea how to do it but  also because I'm not their greatest fan. 

I have to say these were a great success. There was quite a lot of hanging about the kitchen/oven, waiting for them to bake, and then cool, and then crisp up on both sides but it was worth it. They came out just right; light and crisp and crunchy.

I left out the supplied poppy seeds because, since  neither the OH nor I like them  it seemed silly to include them. There was also some icing sugar because you were supposed to ice the biscotti. I don't recall ever seeing an iced biscotto, not that that means much because I don't go round looking at them, but anyway we decided that we didn't need the extra sugar hit involved so they are icing-less. 

I would make these again, and I might even flirt with variations - apricot and almond? cranberry and chocolate chip? we'll see. 

1 comment: