Wednesday 9 September 2020

That's not a piece of ruby jewellery!


No, it's not, it's a set of Le Creuset cast iron pans. On the second day of our Fife break, we went to St Andrews. St Andrews is small, old and posh. A perfect place we thought, to source a piece of ruby jewellery to celebrate our anniversary. 

I don't know quite how it happened but we didn't find a jewellers all the time we were there. We certainly seemed to have found the centre, and we saw some very nice shops and walked a very long way, but jewellers were there none. 

What we did find was a kitchenware shop. A kitchenware shop that had a set of Le Creuset pans on offer The pans which the OH has been hankering after for a very long time. I resisted for a bit. I really don't like the bright orange colour. But there you go. As my mother used to say they were a good buy. My father generally added 'yes a goodbye to £x'.

Happy Anniversary all over again to the OH. 

2 comments:

  1. We have (at least, we did the last time I was there) a Le Creuset shop in the Designer Outlet, and I yearn every time we go past it. Utterly pointlessly, of course, because I couldn’t even pick one up! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well the big one of these I have a problem with even empty but there again I don't do the cooking.

      Delete