Wednesday 16 September 2020

In which I relate how I bought some wool ....

So Thursday of our week away was very exciting as I had an appointment to go to a shop and buy some wool. Oh for the days when we could just turn up and browse but they may not be back any time soon, so it's as well to get used to doing it another way.

The shop concerned is called The Woolly Brew and it's in Pittenweem which is one of the lovely little seaside villages on the coast of Fife. I'd been before so  I was keen to go again as they stock something I haven't been able to find elsewhere, not even at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival of blessed (or otherwise) memory. I can't say what it was because Christmas! but anyway I was very pleased to stock up on it. I did also get some wool and a kit  (OK that's more wool but with a pattern)  and a book. 

If my sister is reading this please be aware that I walked past at least three other  places that sold wool earlier in the week because I knew I was going to The Woolly Brew. 

So after I had spent -ahem!- quite a reasonable sum of money there we carried on up the coast to Craill. I would say you can't go to Craill without visiting the pottery except that we have been there before and didn't, but this time we did. The pottery they make is not really to our taste so we didn't buy any, but I did take a pic. 


We then wandered off to the harbour but didn't linger. It was a lovely sunny day but the weed was rotting ...


The last time we visited Craill we had seen a very nice looking place to eat but it had been absolutely full; this time we were lucky and there was space. So we lunched al fresco, overlooking the sea and the food was indeed very good. 



I forget what the OH had but I had a brie cranberry and ham panini, and then I couldn't resist having some of the plum and apple tart to follow. The cheesecake in the background was the OH's. Raspberry and white chocolate. I sampled it and it was lovely, but very rich. 

And this was how the ice in my drink looked!! 


Quite fun I thought. 

I took a lot of pictures in Craill because the architecture is very characteristic of this part of Scotland and I like it 







And considering how warm it was, walking past the white houses with the blue trim you could almost have convinced yourself you were in Andalucia. It was a very lovely day.




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you deserve a medal for ploughing through that with all the typos I am now seeing! Now off to correct them.

      Delete
  2. You are tempting me to consider knitting again - for some reason lockdown hit and I stopped knitting! No idea why . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the way we have all reacted to lockdown is a mysterious and individual process. Worthy of a Ph D dissertation in due course from someone. I have continued to knit, obviously, but have abandoned large projects for small ones. Also I am reading now more than I have for a very long time. It's weird.

      Delete