Wednesday 22 July 2020

Knitting - More Small Things.

Small things continue to drop off my needles as I really can't  face anything big just now, (except for the blanket which is anyway just a series of small projects that will get lashed together in November.) So for the record, since the last catch up I have done

lots of socks


these were stashbusters and a 'lovely to see you again' present for son no 2, delivered the other weekend when we got off to Glasgow


These were for me. Several years ago my sister and I both purchased a skein of Debbie Bliss Rialto sock yarn in a shop in York. She recently used hers up which proddedme into using mine too. I am very annoyed by the hard line which features on the foot of the lower sock, caused by the manufacturer knotting new yarn onto the skein in a completely different colour and making a definite change rather than the gradual progression which features on the rest. But you know, it's hardly the end of the world. 


I bought this wool when I saw someone selling it on Ravelry as the colour is called The Tardis and these are destined to be a Christmas present for a Dr Who fan. 


And these are mine and I l-u-r-v them. In fact I l-u-r-v them so much I have yet to soil them by bringing them into contact with my feet! 


A few years ago I went through a period when every pattern I picked up had an error in it. I'd bought this wool to make a lovely thick heavily cabled cowl but the pattern for that was one of the main offenders and so the wool languished in a plastic bag until I found it when looking for something else. I pulled it out, looked for  pattern for it and came up with this baby jacket. 



I'm trying to clear out magazines that I have kept because they had patterns I wanted to try in them as well as using up wool in my stash. These two hats came about because of that. The magazine has now been passed on to a friend. Of the two hats, both were destined for charity but the green one is a) very nice and b) took so much effort to knit that I am keeping it for myself. 

And then for Bonnie Babies I managed another blanket ....


 .... and used up the bits of left over wool on hats


did several more hats with other bits ....


and also a matching hat and cardigan set in this rather startling wool. I got this in a job lot of sock wool and this was my least favourite ball of the set. Having done the hat and cardigan I decided that I couldn't  bear to knit anything more with it, as I find it hideous, and so, given that there was slightly more than half a 100g ball left and I couldn't throw it away, I labelled it and set it aside for the charty shop. Where someone might see it,  love it and buy it. 



I have to say it doesn't look like all that much when I put it up on the blog. But the blanket squares take time and I've been working on an, as yet unfinished cardigan, for myself too. So maybe I am being as productive as I thought I was. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow - that final yarn is hideous! I love the hat you’re keeping.

    ReplyDelete