Tuesday 21 July 2020

Baking subscription - July.

No, no-one blinked and missed the report on June's; it's sweet pretzels and I haven't been able to face making them yet. Although report says they are very nice. We're just not pretzel people. But I don't feel too bad about not having done them because let's face it, last August's box, which called for me to make custard creams, is still sitting on the kitchen work top. 

I won't say that I did this one so promptly (it arrived on Monday) so that I had something to blog about but I am aware that with very little happening the blog is in danger of becoming a book review/ show and tell knitting site. And that could became quite - well, I hesitate to use the word tedious, so I'll say repetitive. But tedious is probably what I mean. 

Anyway this month's bake was Raspberry Ripple Cake and here it is


and I'm not going to moan about the finishing off as there wasn't too much of it. It's a basic sponge with a raspberry jam and sweetened marscapone filling, and after you'd splattered some of that on the top all that was left to do was scatter a few freeze dried raspberries over it. And I was pleased with my jam, made from home grown raspberries.  

It stayed whole for about as long as it took me to take the photograph, after which it was coffee and cake time.


And if you're wondering; yes, it's delicious.

1 comment: