Monday 2 March 2020

Baking Subscription February

I did this the day it arrived, or possibly the day after. so that we could take it to Glasgow with us. Remarkably prompt. 

It was an apple crumble and custard loaf cake, and apart from them wanting you to pipe the custard flavour butter cream in rosettes through the middle and on the top, which naturally I didn't do, it was fairly straightforward.  There was also some crumble type topping which was supposed to be scattered on top of the butter cream in the middle, which I did do, and on the top, which I didn't because that's just asking for mess on a plate. Unsurprisingly the crumble topping did nothing for the cake, in our opinion. I daresay other opinions are available. 

And - I forgot to take a photograph when it was done. The best I can offer is a picture of one of the last reining slices just before it was eaten. 

It was delicious though! 

1 comment: