Tuesday 22 January 2019

Better But Busy

So, I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but I seem to be emerging from the flu. I even had some energy this morning and it s now 60 hours since I had any paracetamol, so that's all good. 

The OH isn't quite as recovered as I am, but then I didn't (stupidly) drive to Leeds, attend a day long series of meetings and then drive back to Orkney over three days in the early stages. In the early stages I did what all the advice tells you to do, and rested. Not that I had any choice, doing anything other than lying still, was not a viable option.

Anyway I still haven't written up our last trip to Glasgow, which is unfortunate as we are off there again on Friday, and it's going to be another really packed few days. Perhaps I'll talk about both trips next week sometime.

Nor have I mentioned the, literal, non-event that was last week's supervisory meeting. Should you ever wonder if the worlds of IT and Academe are a good mix, then the answer is no. Because of the vagaries of the buses I left the house at ten to ten for a one o'clock meeting (although to be fair I had made an appointment for an eyelash tint at 11.15 as it seemed sensible to get that done while I was in town anyway. This did leave me with a fair bit of time on my hands, although I filled most of it with a not very nice lunch of Spicy Mexican Tomato Soup and a Blueberry Blondie -one after the other, not together!) 

We tried for 25 minutes to get everyone together on Skype but it didn't happen. One participant had forgotten to tell my DoS that he had a new Skype e-mail address, and another one said he was trying to phone but was getting no reply - not quite sure who he was phoning but we were sat right next to the phone and it wasn't ringing ....

We abandoned the attempt (funny, I seem to recall that's what we did last time too ... ) and the good news was that the early finish meant I could catch the 2.15 bus home which otherwise I would have missed. So I was home by just after three, rather than five,  and the fire was still alight. Which was all good news. 

What wasn't quite such good news was that it started raining the moment I hit town so I walked for ages in the rain and my shows started to leak ... I'm sure this all helped the flu to germinate.

And now I'm back at working really hard on my rewrite. I'd like the next chapter done before we go away again on Friday. It's good to have goals ..... 

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I believe in you!!

    Any help? 😉😉

    ReplyDelete