Wednesday 2 January 2019

A Quiet and Creative Day

So yesterday we took things easy. Since I had not go around to icing the Christmas cake, the OH did it instead and made an excellent job of it



Son No 2 made an excellent apple cake, under maternal supervision


we had some of it with some Haagen Daas salted caramel ice cream for pudding after New Year's Dinner. In passing I might mention that sometimes salted caramel, while generally a good idea, has too much salt in it.  I say this as someone whose OH often remarks that her salt consumption must be responsible for keeping open half a dozen salt mines. The HD ice-cream was not immune sadly, but it was still pretty much a gorgeous combination with the apple cake.

And I made a card. It is many years since I have actually done any card making but moving all the supplies around , and into the now  almost complete craft room was both a delightful reminder of some of the lovely things I have, and a reproach over the quantity I have unused. Making cards I find therapeutic, but slow. I hope to do a lot more once I have all the stuff in one place and a nice table on which to lay it/leave it all out, but meanwhile I managed this one on a corner of my desk 

for a friend in Norway who wrote at Christmas to say that she had recently been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy. 

Today real life has kicked back in and I am once more struggling with G C Hay's appallingly small and twiddly handwriting as I re-read his all too frustratingly short diary before tackling a description of his life on the run in Argyll. I say 'frustratingly short' but actually in a way I'm quite glad he didn't keep it up as my eyes boggle with the few pages we have. 

Normal Life. It Has Been Resumed. 


2 comments: