Monday 19 November 2018

Baking Subscription November - and New Thing No 5 for 2018



Chocolate cheesecake brownies. And the new thing was, honestly, making brownies, which I've never done before. The reason I haven't done it before is because really, we just don't like them very much and that's also the reason why these leave me a bit cold. The chocolate on the top is fine, the baked cheesecake layer is lovely, but the bottom layer of brownie just lacks that indefinable something that brownies lack. Would be nicer with a layer of proper chocolate cake.

I'm obviously not going to make my goal of ten new things in 2018, but I'm going to forgive myself because for a lot of the year I couldn't really see properly which rather hampered efforts to get stuff done. Better luck next year, eh? 

1 comment: