Friday 27 July 2018

'M Back

Op is over and seems to have been successful. I can see, without glasses! which is very weird, and although I could see little but bright light when I first came out of the hospital the last two days have seen incremental improvements in my vision and I can now read book print (which was the last thing to fall in) and obviously I can also type again and see screens .

I'm not jumping up and down and opening the champagne because I had surgery for a detaching retina many years ago and although at first that seemed to have been a huge success in fact after about six weeks things went to hell in a handcart and I was left with only peripheral vision in that eye as a result of the op.  So I am taking nothing for granted.

However I am cautiously optimistic. I'm even going to try a bit of knitting this evening. More, and more interesting stuff, in a couple of days. 

2 comments: