Thursday 28 June 2018

A Brief Hiatus

Tomorrow we are getting up at what will feel like the crack of dawn to catch the ferry over to Scotland, followed by the long drive south to Leeds. After my last venture it became clear that I can no longer undertake travel on my own so the OH is having to come too. On Saturday I will spend time with my Dorothy Dunnett reading friends, and the OH is having lunch with a work colleague. In the evening we'll drive back as far as Glasgow, sped the night with son no 2 and then Sunday will be the drive north back to Gill's Bay and the ferry back to Orkney. 

I know it's madness and I will be shattered when we get back, but I've lost one of these friends already and that's why I make every effort to connect with them when I possibly can. 

On the way back we may visit either the Highland Chocolatier or Karelia House; I suppose it's just a question of which wagon I want to fall off, yarn or chocolate.

Anyway back Sunday, although no promises about blogging on Monday just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment