Monday 11 June 2018

Plants and Pots

Yes, we're taking a brief break from the book reviews!

So our local nursery had an event at the weekend. If you went and bought plants and took your own pots they would pot the plants up for you while you waited and you could have free tea and coffee and cake, and there was a donation box for the RNLI. 

We went on Saturday with four pots, had some coffee and lemon cake and bought some plants but not as many as we had intended because they don't  have a card machine and I don't carry my cheque book round with  me any more. The only time it leaves the house is when I go to the hairdressers. 

We got some more cash and went back on Sunday and bought lots more plants, for the 10 other pots we hadn't had the face to take and ask them to do. Because anyway the OH likes doing the pots. We also had some more coffee and lemon cake and the OH had some Viennese whirls which he said were delicious but which I didn't sample because I'm not keen on them. 

So here are a couple of pics of the pots they did for us 



pansies and cosmos


We also bought one of these on our first trip, in case they were all gone when we came back. It's a very very very dark purple, but it certainly looks black from a distance. Black and velvety. Gorgeous. 


This was our haul from yesterday which the  is planting out even as I type. More pansies, some gazania, some dianthus and those daisy looking things whose name I don't know. Its long and starts with Ag.Normally we would get geraniums, but nowhere here seems to have any geranium plants that are anything more than a stub in a pot. 

And finally, remember the alpine strawberry plants we won in that raffle two years ago .... Ta-da! Still going strong, and the flowers are so pretty!




4 comments:

  1. The only 'ag' plant I can think of is agapanthus, which is nothing like a daisy. Please try and put me out of my misery of curiosity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAZANIA .. and now having just put all the pots out we have a yellow warning for storm Hector on Thursday, so I've had to move them all to the (hopefully) sheltered side of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not the gazania I meant, it was those yellow and red things in the photo. I know what gazanias are called!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete