Wednesday 27 June 2018

My First Lego Set

The OH bought me a Lego set when he was in town las week. I don't know why, it seems a bit random, but as he said 'It's got a husky in it. You've always wanted a husky'.

Well I can't deny that I have always, or for a long time, wanted a husky, but  know myself well enough to realise that me having a husky would have to take place in an alternate universe; the one where I am outdoorsy, keen on long walks whatever the weather, and find it easy to scoop up dog poop without wanting to vomit. In other words its a bit of a fantasy, but they are beautiful dogs. 

I really haven't ever had a Lego set before. Wen I was young my friend and I used to play with her brother's Lego but that was in the days when it was basically just piles of red and  white bricks and the most sophisticated we got was the occasional clear brick to represent a window. You don't bring up two sons and then have two grandsons and not realise that the world of Lego has moved on big time. 

Anyway , there it was in its box and t wasn't going to make itself so I had a go. The first task  was getting the pieces out of the box. So many! and so small! and my eyes so bad!


But I set to, and two, or possibly three, rectified mistakes later - voila! A motorised ice sledge and driver, photographer, scientist with saw for taking samples out of  the ice and a handy iceberg from where the sample had been taken Not to mention the husky.


Ad there should always be a few bits left over, right? 


I was quite proud of myself although it's a mortifying reflection that grandson number 1 could probably have done it in a tenth of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment