Thursday 19 April 2018

Train Travelling Tip

Just a thought.

Should you ever get on a train where you have a booked seat, and encounter someone who is sitting in what you think is your booked seat, it's a good idea to say 'Excuse me...' or 'I think you might be...' or even 'is it me, because I thought...'

'Cos here's a thing. If you stand in the aisle and say straight out and loudly to that person 'you're sitting in my seat', you will put their back up.  And although they move over from what is demonstrably their seat, in which they have been sitting for several hours already, into what should be your seat, believe me, this does not guarantee you a comfortable onward journey. 

I am not generally a fan of passive aggressive behaviour, but when someone annoys me that much, believe me, I can play passive aggressive with the best of them. 

Also, on a train reservation coupon, A being for aisle seat, is not some obvious but incorrect inference that I have understandably drawn. It really is A for aisle. 

2 comments:

  1. Still chuckling 😉😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly what a cow she was. I'm not proud of my behaviour, but it was better than making a scene - how British is that?

    ReplyDelete