Thursday 5 April 2018

Third Time's a Charm

I've been trying to get my hair done 'properly', by which I mean, cut, coloured, washed and dried for literally months now. 

Back in December I had an appointment just after one of our trips to Glasgow, but there was snow and although we managed to crawl into town we weren't too convinced we would be able to crawl back again safely, so instead of the full works I just had a very quick dry cut. 

Back at the beginning of March I again had an appointment but when the day came the barriers were closed because of high winds and high tides and so I couldn't go. 

It was therefore with some trepidation that I made another appointment, for yesterday, but in fact I got there and back and feel quite glam from the neck up. From the neck down is as always a whole other story, but for now I'l take the nice hair. We went out on a wallpaper hunt today and the woman in the Orkney Soap shop (where we went after the unsuccessful attempt to choose wallpaper for what is going to become my craft room - gosh, get me! - ) was very complimentary. As indeed was the friend who came for coffee this morning. 

I'm glad I got it fitted in as I am off on a flying visit to Yorkshire in the middle of next week  It'll be crazy busy but at least my hair will look good! 

1 comment:

  1. Mine has suffered from not wanting to risk flu, and therefore not leaving the house 😉😉

    ReplyDelete