Tuesday 24 April 2018

Baking Subscription April

So, this was an apricot and sultana tea loaf.


This was the month I discovered the danger of having everything pre-weighed and packaged up, because I got distracted talking to the OH part way through making the cake and ended up blithely tipping  bag  5 into the mixture instead of bag 4. 

Bag 4 was flour. Bag 5 was icing sugar to make icing for the top.

Oops! 

I realised what I had done not  quite soon enough to rectify the error, which is to say I had mixed in the icing sugar, looked at the mixture and thought that's far too wet for a loaf cake ... 

However it didn't seem to have any particularly deleterious effect. The top sagged slightly, but that might have happened anyway;  other than that it all looked and tasted normal. and delicious. I didn't bother icing it, because I make a lot of cakes like this and I never ice them as I don't think they need it. 

Must get someone round for coffee to help eat it. 

1 comment: