Saturday 17 February 2018

The 'Something a Bit Rash'

I mentioned a while ago that I had done something 'a bit rash' that was yarn related and here is part of it


Despite vowing not to join another yarn/knitting club for the foreseeable,  I did. 

How many not-quite-justifications have I got for doing it?

Well it's run by a designer whose work I really love - Ilga Leja. (Let's ignore for now the fact that I already have two of her patterns and the yarn to go with them. One I have never even dared start, and the other was the ill fated two colour brioche scarf that I started last year and that I went wrong on  so many times that I had to give it up in the end - thereby losing me 'Knitting something in Brioche Stitch' for Project 60)

This is about the fifth club she has run since I started following her on Ravelry. I haven't joined any of the others and I got sick of talking myself out of them. 

It's quite small, as in only four patterns and buying the yarn was optional and only for two out of the four. Naturally I opted for buying the yarn because it's easy that way, you know the designer will have put together colours that will look good with the pattern, you know you get the yarn with the right weight, drape etc for the pattern. Also she uses wool by Fleece Artist, a small dyeing company in Nova Scotia (possibly it's larger than I think it is) but they do great yarn anyway, in beautiful colours. The photograph above certainly doesn't do the colours of that wool, particularly the one on the left, any justice at all. 

For those who like to check out such tings the pattern is here - Coveside.

That's it for a wee while now. We're off down to Glasgow tomorrow for a few days; open evening for Son No 2's up-coming-in-September University course, an  opera, a trip to IKEA, lunch with someone from SO, a visit to the shop for big and ugly shoes of the type I now need to wear and I hope we will manage a quick visit to Kelvingrove too. 

Should be good. 

2 comments:

  1. That’s going to be gorgeous! Have fun in Glasgow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wave towards Loch Lomond in passing :-)

    ReplyDelete