Friday 2 February 2018

Foot Note

(did you see what I did there?)

Podiatrist rang on Tuesday to tell me that, lo and behold, she had a pair of insoles my size in stock and I could pick them up from the hospital any time. Was going to go on Wednesday but the weather was truly foul so we waited until yesterday. 

The upside is that they don't seem to 'not suit me' as I quite enjoy the feeling of the arch support. The bad news is that they make my feet slip out of my shoes at the back and because they up-lift my whole foot there's not enough room in my shoe at the toes so that my arthritic big toe is having a good old grumble. 

I assume that all will be well once I have properly fitting shoes, and luckily there is a trip to Glasgow on the horizon - big surprise there! - and someone has recommended to me a place that seems to be a podiatry clinic with an attached shoe shop so that's high on the list of places to visit when we're next down. OK its not Kelvingrove, but what it won't do for my soul, it will do for my feet! 

1 comment:

  1. If your feet hurt, you can’t enjoy anything, I find! Good luck in the shoe place xxx

    ReplyDelete