Tuesday 9 January 2018

Side zips

Are they still a thing? Or are they a thing again? When we were down in Glasgow and I bought myself some new trousers if never occurred to me to check where the zips on them were. I needed new black trousers, I picked a pair off the black trouser rack in my size, brought them home and hung them up until needed. They were needed last week and I took them off the hanger to put them on.Which was when I discovered that the zip, rather than being at the front, as per nowadays normal, was on the left hand side. 

You might not think this would be much of an issue but it was, because I couldn't do it up! Not because the trousers were too small, but because of the logistics of leaning over my front, stabilising the zip at both ends, and pulling it up. Not possible, not funny.

The upside is that I can actually put them on and take them off again without needing to undo the zip, which is a relief. But next time, I'll make sure before I buy that I have had have a good look to see where the zip is. And if it's at the side I think the trousers will be staying in the shop. 

In other news, we leave tomorrow for a flying trip, in both senses of the word, to Glasgow. We don't normally go off island in January, but there's some Scottish Opera stuff we didn't want to miss, so we're taking the plane down rather than stress over ferry cancellations and road conditions. I suspect being in the city without a car will stress out the OH in a major way in any case, but we'll see how we go. SO events account for three of the four days we're there, and on the fourth I'll be going to the Yarn Cake to buy some wool for one of the 2018 Christmas projects. Nothing like getting off to an early start (aka get it knitted before you lose the mag with the pattern in it!) I might add that going to Glasgow without the prospect of having to see the DLUG while there is a joyful and liberating thing. 

1 comment:

  1. I can’t remember the last time I encountered a side zip!

    Have a fab time 😄😄

    ReplyDelete