Monday 8 January 2018

Kniting

Anyone looking at the blog could be forgiven for thinking that I have given up knitting as it is s ong since I put up any pictures, apart from the bunting of course, but  I haven'/t.

There were Christmas projects - socks for  the OH and Son No 1


and ganseys for the grandsons knitted on teensy weensy needles


I wanted to do a different pattern for each of them but the one I started doing for the older one was coming out far too big so I made them both the same in the end  and the one I was about a third of the way through I can finish for next year. I love this pattern incidentally, even though I found a couple of mistakes in it (sigh) And given the current temps in Toronto they are doubtless coming in very useful.

There was some 'I don't know what I'm going to do with it but it uses up stash' knitting 







 Don't ask about the wool for this! I bought it in Sweden at a Christmas Market last year and all I can say is it looked much much nicer in the skein...

Then there were a few bits and pieces for a friend's daughter who gives out warming things to the homeless in Glasgow. Planning to do some more of this as its a good way to use wool; knits down the yarn collection and does someone some good too. 






I made myself a hat from a pattern I've been meaning to do for ages; thought I didn't have enough yarn for it so bought an extra skein of it at Edinburgh Yarn Festival last spring. In the event one skein was more than sufficient for the hat (sigh again) ...
 


...so I made some fingerless mitts to go with it. 



And considering the problems I had finding all these photos,  in 2018  I need to

a) organise my pictures better  on the laptop and

b) post stuff here as its finished.

both those things would make my life a lot easier.







3 comments:

  1. I had a 'terrible accident' just before the festival of sparkles and consumerism struck . . . a friend introduced me to the concept of loom knitting.
    A couple of reasonable hats have resulted so far - I am trying to be good as I am also 'aran-ing' and I find it engrossing but slow - but I have found patterns for socks on smaller looms. Oh dear . . . (I now have 3 friends promising me random aran wool to sock with!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a terrible accident indeed! Two hats already sounds like quick work to me!

      Delete
  2. Love those fingerless mitts!

    ReplyDelete