Saturday 4 November 2017

Abandoned!

But only on a temporary basis.

The OH has gone down to Devon, or at least he will be going to Devon tomorrow, having got as far as Glasgow today. The main purpose of his visit is to sort out his mother's flat and put it on the market; rental or sale, whichever bites first, although rental might be preferable. He will also doubtless have lots of admin-y stuff to do; the sort of thing he never has to bother with at home as his wife does it all for him. Since my mother-in-law, who has been in a care home since mid-summer has now decided that she would like to move to a different one, he may well be visiting that and making arrangements for her transfer there in due curse.  Unless she changes her mind and decides to stay put. 

He is due back next Sunday and is hopeful of being able to return before then, but I suspect he is likely to have to stay longer rather than come back sooner. Time will tell, but I think there will be more sorting out at the flat than he thinks. 

This leaves me with three cats and a fire to look after which is quite stressful, but on the upside I get to listen to radio/watch TV in a uninterrupted fashion, can stretch out diagonally on the bed without disturbing anyone, and happiest of all, I can keep the internal doors closed. This is Not Allowed when the OH is in residence as it discommodes the cats who often seem to be on an endless perambulation through the house. I am quite happy to get up and open a door for a cat, seen through the glass panel, when its there. I'd much rather do that then sit in a through draft (draught?) on a constant basis.

I shall make the most of a few days of my own company and then be happy to see him back whenever it is. Well except for the first hour which is always that difficult transition from total independence of thought and action to having to adjust to having someone else taking up space again. Someone else moreover who is listening to all the lies the cats give them about not being fed for days and  how the fire kept going out and they were frozen. Listening and giving them credence!

But it's late on in the year, the days are getting shorter, the weather is getting worse, it's a long drive, and really, I shall worry deep down until he's safely back. Hopefully with mission accomplished, so that he doesn't have to repeat the process in February. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your alone time. I really, really hope A can get it all sorted out in one go. I don’t envy him the task.

    And A - don’t listen to those sneaky, lying cats 😆😆😆

    ReplyDelete