Thursday 24 August 2017

Something new again?

was the way my grandfather greeted the display of anything new to wear that I showed off to him when  a child. I don't know why this sticks in the memory, as my parents were not particularly well off and won't have ben buying me new clothes on a whim. That said I suppose you do grow a lot when small which necessitates the purchase of new and bigger clothing. 

I feel he would have taken much the same attitude to our constant jaunts, and can just about hear him saying 'Going away again?' in incredulaus tones. Well we are, but it is almost the last joint trip away for the year. We are off to Stockholm to see The Magic Flute, and possibly we'll buy some tickets for Fedora next March while we're there ....

We will both be away in September but separately; me for a final research fling in Edinburgh and the OH to see his mother and prepare her flat for the market ( sale or rental). And we are going together to  Glasgow for Scottish Opera's Traviata in mid-October. And that's that, as far as I know,  until late spring. 

There is the small mater of a Ph D thesis to whip into shape of course, due in February so several months at home is just what I need for that. That would make for a dull blog, but there will be knitting, there will be reading, there will be TV watching so I suspect there will be rants. And possibly a few critical bouquets tossed about as well. It won't all be like the  Molesworth diary; played, played, forgit what did etc etc. Well I hope not. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think accounts of your life could ever be boring ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete