Wednesday 2 August 2017

Project 60 - NUmber 53 - A Mexican Meal

We do occasionally have what we like to think of as Mexican food at home - fajitas and burritos - but they're Tex-Mex really and nothing like the real thing. So when son no 1 suggested we have a meal in a genuine Mexican restaurant in Toronto we were happy to oblige.

Here we are waiting - it was very busy, but that's a good sign in a restaurant I think







I ordered a sandwich - it was huge! I also ordered some Mexican form of lemonade which turned out to be water with lemon juice added. It was horrid. The phrase Learning Curve springs to mind. 


There were, naturally, churros (yum!)


and littlest grandson obviously agreed. . He was well taken with them. 


Perhaps not overall as enjoyable as the North African meal which has also featured on my list.  I would do it again, but  I'd stick with the branded soft drinks another time!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. do you like doughnuts? do you like thick chocolate sauce? if you can answer yes to oth these questions then next time you're in Spain/ a Spanish restaurant/ Inverness you should definitely give them a go. Inverness has a chocolate café type thing where they serve them, although I've never had them there.

      Delete