Sunday 9 April 2017

Home and Safe

Just in case anyone is wondering/worrying, we are home.
 
We were in Stockholm when the terrorist incident occurred, but fortunately for us not in the city centre at the time. We had talked about going shopping that afternoon, but I didn't feel very well in the morning, so said I'd rather have a walk and some fresh air. While we were out walking we passed a board advertising a boat trip round the Stockholm archipelago and that seemed a better bet than hot and stuffy shops. So we had lunch then went off on the boat; came back to the news of what had happened and an eerily quiet city centre.
 
It was a terrible thing to happen in a place that we both love so much, and I think the only other thing I want to say about it is that it seems very unfair for something like this to be visited upon Sweden and the Swedes, who  have done nothing to deserve the sort of unhinged hate that makes it possible for people to think that felling pedestrians with a beer lorry is a laudable thing.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am very glad to know you are fine, and I agree, in fact I cannot think that anyone anywhere could deserve things like that. I just wish people would stop killing people, basically.

    ReplyDelete