Friday 20 January 2017

Yeah, well, was down the pool, innit?

Amazingly I took myself into Kirkwall for a swim today, having found a collection of colourful swimsuits in various places,  and indeed various sizes. One of which even fitted.
 
I went to one of the special sessions they have the big, the old and the infirm, feeling that I can tick 2 out of the 3 boxes any day of the week and the third one now and again. It's several years since I last went swimming and that only lasted for about 3 weeks because the friend I went with then discovered something else to do, and before that it had been decades - literally. So I wasn't expecting too much of myself.
 
I wanted to do ten lengths and I did ten lengths. I did not manage even one  whole length without stopping but whereas when I started I was stopping twice a length by the end it was only once. So that was progress I thought.
 
Sadly I cannot go to either of the BOI sessions next week as they only have them twice a week and both days I am otherwise engaged. But the idea is that after that I will certainly try and go at least once a week.
 
After the swim I went off and bought myself some new trainers so now I can ring up and arrange my gym induction. It's not so much that I'm keen as mean. I'm paying the council regardless of how often I go and if I don't get myself sorted I will never go and then it's just a waste of money.
 
In the shop where I got my trainers I also bought the OH a wallet. I'd meant to get him one for his birthday but forgot. What can I say? It's two days after Christmas. Things get overlooked. Anyway it was a lovey wallet and he liked it very much but sadly after all his cards were put in it it would barely close. Cue for buying a new card holder I suppose.
 
In other news - there is no other news. I have spent all week working on my thesis and sadly I think that's going to be the burden of my song for the next few weeks and months. It's not that it's not enjoyable, to an extent. But it would make a boring blog. 
 
Tomorrow or the next day - how you can go off knitting.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your swimming. It's about the only sporty thing I ever enjoyed, because the water keeps my temperature down, and thus means I don't get plagued as much by my asthma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering what the two boxes you can tick are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big and Old as in the park where they have the County Show. Infirm - just depends on how I feel some days --- !

      Delete
  3. I fear I could tick all three. Which could be a reason to move north. Another reason . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another reason - how many have you got? Personally I think you are better where you are, unless you love wind and never go on holiday. How's the Gaelic going?

      Delete