Wednesday 18 January 2017

What an Anti-Climax!

Well I was all poised to bring you the horrors of my full supervisory meeting which was scheduled to take place this morning but it had to be cancelled. Two of  the participants, though willing enough, were also poorly and as such unable to cope with the  temperamental technology that is misbehaving Skype so after numerous failed attempts to connect and 10 minutes of time we could all have found a better use for, we gave up and rescheduled for next Friday.

Of the two people who were sick, one was male and one was female. I leave it to the judgement and discrimination of my readers to decide which of them said 'I feel like death' and which one said 'inflated congested left lung, have been taking pills for a week with no effect'.

I took advantage of my early release to wander over to the Leisure Centre and sign up for the Council's new Active Life Scheme. Twenty quid a month and all the classes, gym sessions, and pool time you want. It wasn't until I had paid a tenner for what is left of this month that I realised that I have no trainers, having chucked out the last lot when I stopped going to the little gym on the neighbouring island of South Ronaldsay because it got to the stage where it was only staffed in the evenings. It takes a mini earthquake to get me to the gym in the mornings, nothing was ever going to convince me to go there at 8 o' clock at night.
 
So I will need to get some new trainers before I can book my gym induction and take up Body Bounce or whatever they call it. I daresay bits of me would bounce, which is a lowering reflection, but that doesn't mean I couldn't try and get to the pool. If I can find my swimsuit.
 
I know I don't make resolutions but this is the year I get fit, lose weight and just about finish the Ph D. Honest.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I have worked out how to do replies again now - which would be good.

      Delete