Wednesday 25 January 2017

Wot a Picture!


So I thought today I would post early because it's more than time I got to write something positive and if I get in early then the day has had little or no chance to dissolve around me*

Here's the picture

 
I don't think the photo quite does it justice but you'll get the overall idea.
 
 
We bought it at Glyndebourne. Apparently every year they have a competition for young artists aged 16 - 30 which is tied into one of the operas for the autumn season/tour and they exhibit the best ones in the Opera House. This years theme was obviously Madam Butterfly, and as always with these things some you like and some you don't and some we  differ over. But we both fell in love with this one. We also knew that when the living room was redecorated we were going to have the perfect place to put it, so we bought it. It was Not Cheap, and between buying it and having it delivered we were both a bit anxious about whether we would have gone off it. Happily we hadn't, and equally happily everyone who has seen it has admired it. I'm not the sort of person who needs her artistic choices validated by her neighbours ( I don't think) but it is nice when people come in, see it for the first time and say what a beautiful picture it is.
 
Amazingly enough the artist was only 17 when she painted it last year. She's hoping to go and study Fine Art and I keep meaning to get in touch with Glyndebourne to ask if they will send on a letter of thanks and a photo of the picture in situ. No doubt I'll get around to that in due course.
 
* You would not believe the palaver I had to go through to upload this photo - normally so straightforward, today - not so much.  I even had to get the OH to sort it out, so the hassle-some week continues. 
 
 
 

1 comment: