Friday 6 May 2016

Stressed and Snarly

I am really not at my best today. I've had a blinding headache since about midnight, which I suspect is due to a southerly wind being on its way, and if that's right I wish it would get here and relieve the pressure.

The OH has gone south to see about his mother's latest crisis and since it is a long way from Orkney to Devon he left yesterday and won't get back until Monday night, leaving me to cope with the cats, who hate it when he's away as they get fed to a timetable and not on demand, and the fire, and cooking the mountains of food he always gets in for me when he goes away, even though every time he comes back he looks in the fridge and says 'You didn't eat much did you?'
 
The SNP did not win Orkney in the Holyrood elections yesterday which is a huge disappointment, not just generally but because I'm sad people will still vote LibDem here even after Frenchgate, and also because the candidate is a friend.
 
I seem to be overwhelmed with stuff that I can't cope with. The post brought a vet's bill that it took me a calculator and 10 minutes to understand....our tickets for the Scottish Opera The Mikado in Glasgow next Saturday still haven't come and when I rang up about an hour ago the agency said  'they have gone out today' which I always think is code for 'Oh hell, look what we forgot to do'...I am supposed to be turning the Gdansk paper into a chapter for a book and although I only have twelve alterations to make and I know what they are I simply can't work up the energy and enthusiasm to do them....I discovered yesterday that I had made a major error in the latest sock I was knitting and that it was about half an inch wider than the other one of the pair and was going to have a toe about as long as those clown comedy shoes; the whole foot needs pulling out and reknitting but I can't face that just now....I have a meeting with my supervisor in less than a week which is never a happy thought....all in all it's just too damn' much.
 
I suspect I will feel much more positive when I've washed my hair. That always helps.
 
And of course reminding myself of happy days helps a bit too.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Would a good shout help? I always find shouting very therapeutic, as long as any person you're ranting about is out of earshot...... H xx

    ReplyDelete