Monday 2 May 2016

Back from Canada


I know, we're back and I never even told you I was going, right? Thing is, it was all very last minute and we only went for a week and somehow I never managed to find the time to say here 'Guess What? We are going to Canada for a week'.
 
But we did go and now we're back and in between we had a great time.
 
We went to Niagara
 

 
and we went to Point Pelee which is Canada's most southern point
 

 
and which is sort of eerie and wonderful at the same time.
 
We visited a very nice yarn shop which opened quite recently near my son and daughter-in-law's home (and I spent some money - no surprises there then)
 


We saw red cardinals

 
and red winged blackbirds

as well as lots of bald eagles (it's been a bit of a year for eagles so far, as we saw dozens of sea eagles and wedge tailed eagles in Australia, as well as the bald variety in Ontario) and quite a few blue jays. I didn't manage a pic of the bald eagles and although I did get one of a blue jay, honestly, you have to know it was there!

We shared a birthday



 
hung out with these guys




and generally just got to know this one




I know I'm partial, what with being related and having hauled myself over the Atlantic to meet him, but I really do honestly think he's quite cute.


 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. He is *extremely* cute!! Glad you had a good time 😄😄 H xx

    ReplyDelete