Tuesday 31 May 2016

Jutland Commemoration


 

 
 
The Jutland Commemoration is all the news there is on Orkney today. We didn't go into Kirkwall to watch as it would only have meant walking miles then standing in the cold for ages but we did watch the Service on TV.

Obviously enjoyed is not the word, but I liked the content of the service, I liked how beautiful the Cathedral looked and I liked how much input our Cathedral Minister had obviously had into what went on. 

I particularly liked the fact that several of the participants were Orcadians and was especially pleased to see that the service closed with Andy Cant playing his pipe composition  Remembrance. I've blogged about Andy, Remembrance, and his historic pipes before - here . Such a shame he has never recorded this.
 
 

1 comment: