Friday 18 March 2016

So, just before I start

on the Great Australian Adventure, do you remember this?




the yarn I dyed at a class held by The Knitting Goddess last autumn.

well not long before Christmas, I turned it into this


 
 
Now if I had chosen the pattern before I did the dyeing I think I would have made the brown a lot darker and differentiated the yellow shades a lot more. But you know what? I'm relaxed about the fact that it isn't perfect. Because I have finally come to realise that you don't get things perfect the first time, however much you may want to, and in my case however many years you have spent thinking that your should. OK its not exactly how I would do it if I were doing it again. But you know what? I can now accept that that's sort of the point. Doing something new is a learning curve, accent on the learning, and when I wear this I'm gong to be proud of myself because  at the end of the day I chose those colours, I dyed that wool to match them and then I made it into a pretty thing that I could wear. And really, that's quite awesome.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment