Saturday 19 December 2015

The New Star Wars Film.

Image result for new star wars movie




No I'm not going to see it. The OH and Son No 2 are in town watching it in 3D even as I write but I can't be bothered. The thing is I liked the first three in a 'Crash Bang Wallop and oh look! there's Harrison Ford' sort of a way. But the next three were, to me, absolutely dire.* I know I am not alone n this, and in fact a lot of big fans of the first three films agreed the next three were not up to standard. The difference between them and me, as far as I can see, is that many of them are prepared to forgive and forget. Myself - not so much.
 
*For those readers inclined to take issue with this I have three words. Jar Jar Binks. QED, I think.
 
I daresay a few years down the line, when it turns up on TV, that I'll watch it. And they do say that this new one is up there with Episodes IV - VI. But I'm not paying out real cash money as the phrase goes, on the off chance. Not to mention the fact that for a long time now in the cinema I've missed half the dialogue because the sound quality these days is appalling.
 
So why am I blogging about a film I'm not going to see? Well everyone else is. Who am I to struggle against the Zeitgeist.?

1 comment:

  1. We're going on Tuesday, when we have a discount code to use....

    ReplyDelete