Saturday 30 May 2015

Project 60 - Number NIne

Swatches
 
 
I can't help feeling that if I don't get a move on I won't ever get to sixty, but here we are anyway at Number Nine. And that was getting my colours done.

When I first heard about this, many years ago, I thought it sounded a wonderful thing, but not anything I would ever do. It was too frivolous, too self absorbed and to be perfectly honest, for much of my life, too expensive. I'd resigned myself to never doing it really, one of those things in life which you think would have been great but are for other people.
 
And then recently someone in Orkney started offering the service. It's someone I know, and like, and in that Orcadian way the OH knows her mother from two different directions as it were, so I knew I could trust her, and I've got stuff coming up this year and suddenly, what with Project 60 being on the go and being all about things you want to do but never have, I thought Why Not? and made an appointment.
 
I went on Wednesday and it was such fun. I wish I could go twice a year! I was looked at and talked to and draped over, and we may just have had some coffee and cake in there, and I came out with a folder full of little fabric swatches; 30 basic colours and 12 secondary ones, and in theory I should never buy anything that doesn't suit me again. Well we'll see.
 
I haven't done the make-up bit yet, mainly because we spent so much time yakking over the fabric, we ran out of time to do that. Coming up soon though....
 
Tomorrow I will be too busy to blog because we have a friend from Leeds up in Orkney for a week's holiday and tomorrow we are spending the day with her. We all know what Monday is of course, but assuming I come out of that as something less than a gibbering wreck, who knows, on Monday evening you might get a photo of some ice cream.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment