Monday 18 May 2015

Knitted gifts for Marcus


Naturally we sent gifts to the new Canadian grandson. And naturally some of them I had knitted. Despite having little or no time to actually knit these days.

I have no photographic record of the outfit we bought and sent [ I mean really, why would I want to take a photo of that?!] although I do remember it was tiger themed.

But I made him a blanket


this is done in what is one of my personal yarns from hell, to wit Sirdar Snowflake Chunky which is fine to work with as long as you never make a mistake and do not need to take any of it out. Don't ask me how I know, some things are better left forgotten!

You might then say, why pray do you use it, which is of course a perfectly reasonable question and one to which the answer is, I don't often but it is soft and squishy and cuddly and just the sort of thing, when knitted up, that you would long to wrap a baby in. And as it happens I didn't need to take any of it out, and although it is made in strips I even managed to sew them together and match up the corners. For which I gave myself a gold star.  
 
I also made a little kimono type jacket. It is too big for him at present, because the pattern only comes in one size, but I made one for his brother before he was born so thought it only right to make one for him too. Connor's was sort of multi-coloured IIRC but Marcus' is blue. And here it is.
 


 
 
I don't normally say how wonderful my knitting is, but I will say about this, that I love the effect of the variegated yarn on the sleeves. I feel I can say that because it was totally accidental!
 
Anyway they got sent off as soon as we heard he was born more or less and I may just have another little thing on the needles. It's so hot in Canada right now that woolly stuff is definitely not required, but as the Starks say Winter is Coming!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment