Tuesday 17 February 2015

Project 60 - Number 6


Yup, more culinary endeavour. This time it's marmalade. I probably wouldn't ever have got around to making this, although it was sort of on my list, in as far as anything is, the list being an amorphous entity most of which is fairly cloudy due to my unwillingness to concretise^  it by putting it down on paper.

^ I know. Horrible word. Make a comment and say you thought better of me than that.
 
But I did get round to it courtesy of my friend M who was drowning, figuratively speaking, in Seville oranges and offered me some. So I picked some up, bought some preserving sugar, and hey presto! marmalade.
 
It proved much less problematic to make than the lemon curd and I was even more pleased with the results, mainly because I eat marmalade regularly.
 
If I were being picky I would have to say that it could do with being a tad more set, as in if you hold your toast vertically it has a tendency to slide off slowly - but there are no problems if you hold your toast sensibly in a horizontal position as it makes its way to your mouth. Also I should have put more peel into it.
 
Having said that though - it's delicious! I will possibly make this again, and in fact I'm quite keen to have a go at orange curd if I can find a sensible looking recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment