Tuesday 18 November 2014

Sold One, Bought One

I really can't remember whether I ever confirmed on here that we had actually sold our holiday rental flat, but we did, back in June. I veer between being really pleased to be shot of it and worrying that we let if go too cheaply but you know....too late now if we did.
 
And then we bought another one in Glasgow. Son No 2 will take up residence there at the end of the month and the OH and I will use it for shopping weekends (no not really, he's not that big a shopper), but the opera anyway, and overnighters before flying away on holiday and I can use it when I go to see my Subject Supervisor, and when I need to do research in nearby-ish Edinburgh.
 
I have to say I'm not, and never have been, comfortable at the idea that we own more than one property. But Son No 2 needs somewhere to live in the Central Belt and Glasgow is better than Edinburgh for us all for a whole bunch of reasons. And we're sick of paying rent for him.
 
We applied all the lessons we had learned from years of watching Kirsty and Phil, I spent hours trawling the Internet on a weekly basis for flats in Glasgow, registered with more property sites that you can never escape from, than you could shake a stick at and we ended up looking at six of which at least four would have been totally suitable.
 
We are not emotionally invested in this place. So it is the right size, at the right price in an OK location for what we want to do, and all we had to do was turn a key and walk in. Also buy furniture but that's another story and possibly, down the line, another post.
 
We took possession last week and we hope to move Son No 2 into it at the end of next week. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. No doubt if it doesn't I will at least be able to make a funny story of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment