Friday 7 November 2014

Can I Let Go Now?

I have been fighting off a cold for over a week now. If I'd been able to give in to it and let it rip, it would by now be nothing but a distant memory, but I couldn't. This was partly because the OH was yet again in London working so that I had to be up and about, feeding myself, and more importantly feeding the cats. Equally the builders have been in, building us a new room on the front of the house, which was another good reason for not curling up under the duvet for three days while my incipient whatever ran its course. I was not however up to much. Although I managed to bash out a couple of lemon drizzle cakes today ready for the OH's return. They sank, which my cakes never do, but that was par for the course today sadly. Everything I touched went west.
 
Well it's the weekend now, and the OH is home and the builders won't be back until Monday so you'd think I could retire to bed and give in to the germs. But I can't because tomorrow we need to go to town and on Sunday it's Remembrance Day and on Monday the builders will be back and in any case we need to go to Glasgow next week for an unknown length of time.
 
Perhaps if I manage a couple of afternoons over the weekend doing nothing much and keeping warm I'll be full of the joys of spring by the time we catch the ferry again. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment