Tuesday 4 November 2014

Also last week....


 


We were in Fife. Again. I didn't really think I could face going south yet again, but it was a bit of a research trip for me. I spent the first day with a good friend, and her visiting Canadian sister in law. Not a research day obviously but very enjoyable for all that.  We went to Dovecote Studios, where we watched people weaving large tapestries and saw an exhibition of Afghanistani gems and jewellery. As I said when she suggested it - jewels and textiles - my name's all over it. I talked myself out of buying some gorgeous topaz ear-rings, also some slightly cheaper and equally gorgeous small cups that had bits of lace included in their  making. The scones in their café were OK, but had a touch too much bicarb in them.
 
Later on we indulged ourselves in the Valvona and Crolla café in Jenners and I may have bought a few treats as well on the way out. Mainly for someone else's birthday it must be said.
 
It was a lovely day (although I still rather regret passing on the ear rings). What with that and Mr Moffat the following day - well two good ones out of three ain't bad. As for the third - watch this space.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh.... Valvona and Crolla.....

    *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. I had coffee and some chocolate torte and it was delicious. Very indulgent. Not to mention expensive!

    ReplyDelete