Thursday 20 March 2014

A Bear Called Irresistible


We have a lot of soft toys in our house. And I mean a lot. A lot as in we could start our own soft toy shop and not have to restock for several months. (Well, depending on Sales, naturally).
 
I could claim not to know how this happened, but the fact is that I know only too well. I married a hoarder and spawned two  others and they are all  ridiculously attached to soft toys. Although son no 1 has had to rein himself in somewhat as his wife is neither a hoarder nor a lover of soft cuddly toys.

Once son no 2 reached 18 I said 'No More'. I said 'We are all too old for this sort of thing'. I said 'We have too many of them already'. I said 'I know I sound like a grumpy  sensible old  kill joy, but really we have a soft toy version of almost every creature known to man, indeed some known only in fantasy fiction, and Enough is Enough'.
 
This was a slight exaggeration. As it happens we do not have a soft cuddly walrus. Or a locust. But I'm sure you get my drift.
 
So I was rather surprised, two weeks ago, to find myself agreeing to buy son no 2 a new bear. He caught me in a lovely shop in Corbridge at a weak moment. I have to say that the photo does not do sufficient justice to the overall loveliness and cuteness and general huggableness that is this bear. I just could not say No.  
 
Hence the name. The Irresistible Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment