Monday 16 September 2013

Return to Wick


We took a trip across The (Pentland) Firth last Wednesday. I took my camera but it never made it out of my handbag sadly. We went mainly to meet up with someone we had previously only known virtually; mainly because he designed and set up our respective web sites. If you want to look at his work then click the Poppy's Place and Orkney Archaeology Society links at top right. He's very good and his rates are very competitive. Should you be in the market for a website.

Anyway we met up and had lunch and although the plan had been to scour Wick afterwards for light fittings /wardrobes/ bookshelves and bathroom suppliers in the event we only had time to get to Homebase. Which was rubbish for most of those things but came up trumps in the light fittings department. As a result both OH's office and my study now have new multi light fittings with very bright bulbs which means we can actually see what we're doing. A great improvement.
 
We also have enough light bulbs to last out the millennium I should think. We bought LED's for OH's but I couldn't face getting another 4 for my new light at a tenner a pop so I got a pack of ordinary ones with 10 bulbs in it. Then when we got home and broke the fittings out of the packet it was to discover that they both came with bulbs in anyway. Of course, if we'd known we wouldn't have bought the other bulbs,  which presumably is why it doesn't say they have bulbs already on the box.
 
The lunch though was fine although be aware that if you ever find yourself in the rather twee- ly named Wickers World and order the ploughman's, which is fast becoming my default lunch order when I'm out, you need to ask separately for bread. Otherwise it's just a plate of cheeses and pickles. Nice ones, but they do  need a bit of something. Like bread.  
 
Nothing wrong with the company, but.

No comments:

Post a Comment