Sunday, 4 October 2026

Wool stats and finished projects for September

 yes, I'm getting the standard posts (wool, books) out of the way early this month because the holiday is not far away now and when I come back I don't want to have to face doing those when I could be blogging about the trip. 

Just for info, we go on Wednesday and will be back just in time for the clock change; son no 2 is holding the fort here and cat sitting while we're gone. We are going to Japan; flying to Tokyo for a few days and then doing a cruise which circumnavigates Japan and also includes a stop in South Korea. I've gone through a few reactions since we booked it, settled for months on 'apprehensive' and I'm now slowly tipping over into 'excited'. Hopefully the dial will get to 'very excited ' at some point. I haven't told many people where we're going, but I'm very pleased that I told Heather way back in spring when we first booked it, otherwise she would never have known and she was so excited for us. It's a big holiday but it's a joint celebration of our Big Birthdays and everyone we know who has been there says it's wonderful, so fingers crossed. 

Meanwhile, the wool stats. In was 150g, of which 100g was this month's self striping sock club, currently half knit up (yay!) The other 50g was something I bought to make a present with for Christmas. Since it was Rowan Kidsilk Haze the present isn't growing particularly quickly but it will be ready in time. Out was 600g,  400g of this, which I bought in August,  went into the new top for my holiday, 54g got used up in a hat which is also a  Christmas present, 30g into my long term project and 116g was given away. Net decrease for the month was 450g, and for the year to date is 1942g. All in the right direction. I'd like to have a huge decrease in the next couple of months before the yearn advents arrive in December, but I'm not hopeful.  Especially since I won;t be getting much done on the holiday. Of course I'm taking knitting but probably only socks so we'll see how it goes. 

Meanwhile here's the top - not a great photo but it's very pretty, and it fits! The colour is much nicer than it shows here - a cornflower blue. 






And the hat. Yet again it's the fisherman's cap. I knitted this from stash yarn, with a 4ply and a suri alpaca held together which makes it lovely and warm. It doesn't seem much for a month but I did some cross stitch as well which was fun but it's soooo much slower than knitting. 

There may be one more post before we go but definitely not two, as Tuesday is dedicated to packing!




No comments:

Post a Comment