I seemed to have been spending a lot of time indoors at the end of last week, plus we had son no 2 with us and we hadn't done much together, so on Sunday I insisted we go out for a while. We ended up going to the Nature /RSPB reserve at Loch Leven which on paper looked like just what I needed. In the event that RSPB place is not at the end of the loch I would have liked to be at, i.e. the end with the island castle so that was a bit sad, but not, you know, huge.
There is a heritage trail which goes all the way round and I hope to go back on several occasions in future, join it at different points and walk a different bit of it each time. That said we did the wetlands walk which was about the right length for us, although sadly you don't see an awful lot of the loch as you do that, then we treated ourselves to some hot chocolate and cake in the cafe. As I said, a walk that loses us about 18 calories, then we stuff our faces with 256 more. There's a small shop as well, so I picked up my first pack of Christmas cards for this year.
My packing is just about done although I was fazed by learning that Emirates, with whom we are flying, do not allow women to take a piece of cabin baggage and a handbag. Every other airline I have ever used allows that, even Easyjet! On the upside at least I checked, rather than pitching up at the airport tomorrow with an extra bag that wasn't allowed. Other than that it went relatively smoothly which is a good thing as I'm a teeny bit nervous still and didn't need to get stressed over the packing.
So, a bientot!

No comments:
Post a Comment