Saturday 25 March 2023

Craft Plans - An Early Finish to a Large Project.

You've seen a couple of teaser photos for this, but here is the finished item in all its completed glory. I know, it's huge. Let's not dwell. 


Pattern was Helen Stewart's Anthology Throw and the yarn was Beehive Yarns 2022 advent calendar. This was called A Year at the Cabin and based on the Little Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. So it's basically a four season fade,  starting with spring and working outwards towards winter. It's  the first, and probably last, ever pi based circular knit I have done. The cast off took me over five hours. I'm not in a hurry to knit it again. That said, I'm very pleased with the finished article (although there are a few things that I would change if I were starting it again) and actually quite proud I stuck with it. The plan was to finish this by the end of April so it's come in well under time. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks utterly gorgeous - but what will you DO with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the day it will decorate the back of my living room sofa and in the evenings it will be wrapped round my knees keeping off the draughts!

      Delete